Thursday, June 2, 2011

Consulting a Decorator

Consulting a Decorator


I know I talk a lot about do it yourself (DIY) projects. But what if you are not particularly good at decorating but you love decorating? Just like I love singing but can’t carry a tune in a bucket and I make babies cry when I sing off key I know when to seek help and let more talented people carry on. Or you may be great at decorating but on a particular project you just don’t know where to start or get stuck half way through, that is the time to consult someone with the talent of decorating.

This may or may not be a professional. If you have the money, I recommend hiring a professional decorator or designer. I promise you it will be money well spent. But if you don’t have the money, then I recommend you consult a friend or family member who was sprinkled with decorating fairy dust and has the “GIFT”. If they really love decorating they will be happy to help you just for the camaraderie and maybe a meal. Especially if I am the friend you are asking.

Until Next time, may all your designs be courageous.

The Great Lady Decorators: The Women Who Defined Interior Design, 1870-1955
The Home Decorator's Bible
Interior Design Reference Manual: Everything You Need to Know to Pass the NCIDQ Exam
Sister: The Life of Legendary Interior Decorator Mrs. Henry Parish II

No comments:

Post a Comment